Maintaining a consistent B2B social media presence is critical as it demonstrates the company’s engagement with their stakeholders and involvement in the latest developments in their industry. Social media is also a valuable tool to further promote media coverage and thought leadership.
In managing social media for a number of clients, our team recently completed the HubSpot Academy’s Social Media Certification Program and were reminded of several important, evergreen social media principles.
- Establish a consistent tone and brand voice across posts that will serve as the foundation for your social media presence, e.g., informative, playful, formal, etc.
- Pay attention to what kind of content your target audience finds interesting and mix of the posts with more than just brand-related content
- Post consistently to keep stakeholders up-to-date on company happenings, as well as promoting your page to a larger audience
- Use action words to engage more people, e.g., “Read more here” or “Click here for more” rather than just “See more here” or “More here”
- Use social platforms as a way to connect with target media via tagging and sharing relevant articles
- Humanize the social presence to connect with followers on a personal level, acknowledging holidays, important cultural events and highlighting individual employees, clients and partners.