As we turn the calendars from pumpkin spice to eggnog season, marketers are planning for 2024. And with that comes the rush of industry events in Q1. Now is a good time to revisit media opportunities at conferences and put some critical dates on your calendar. Trade shows are a great opportunity to connect with the media face to face. This helps with relationship building as well as priming the pump for upcoming trend and news-based media coverage.
To help ensure you can find a few valuable media contacts to connect with, remember these tips.
1) If you are exhibiting or sponsoring, request a media list to see which reporters and editors have committed to attending.
2) Reach out to a few priority media contacts at least 2-3 weeks in advance of the event to get on their calendars – their schedules fill up fast.
3) Have 2-3 trends, client use cases and/or product announcements (and marketplace value) ready to share.
4) Make sure to ask what they are interested in and covering.
5) Don’t forget to connect on a personal level as well as that will make a lasting impression from the many other meetings they have.