Cary, NC, November 10, 2015–Dude Solutions, Inc., the leading cloud-based provider of operations management solutions, today shared critical maintenance operations insights for increasing manufacturing agility and effectiveness.
As the convergence of social, mobile, analytics and cloud (SMAC) technologies create hyper-demand situations, manufacturers must improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). To increase the equipment availability and operational efficiency required for demand spikes and reduce maintenance costs overall, maintenance operations teams must move from desktop and paper-based maintenance processes to automated and mobile-enabled work order management and production capabilities.
“Many manufacturers and the supply chains they rely on are not equipped to meet the needs of today’s on-demand, and sometimes viral-driven, economy due to a lack of equipment availability and poor operational efficiency,” said Dwayne Divers, Director of Manufacturing Strategy of Dude Solutions. “The maintenance operations team needs automated tools for increased uptime and greater visibility into the preventive maintenance process and opportunities for improvement.”
Looking ahead to 2016, Dude Solutions offers manufacturers six key maintenance operations optimization recommendations, which also are discussed in its white paper: “Increasing Agility & Effectiveness: The Critical Role of Maintenance Operations.” By automating preventive maintenance and compliance, manufacturers can:
1. Increase equipment uptime as automated maintenance and preventive maintenance activities ensure higher completion rates and less breakdowns.
2. Empower maintenance personnel with on demand equipment information, reports and other key documentation.
3. Provide maintenance managers more visibility into backlogs, equipment status/issues for greater resource management.
4. Effectively balance materials, in-house labor, and contract services to optimize total budgets.
5. Simplify safety and environmental compliance by making policies, procedures, and documentation readily accessible.
6. Provide a secure and centralized way to retain service records and reports.
Dude Solutions will discuss these issues in more depth as part of a webinar on November 11, 2015, at 2 pm ET, titled “3 Keys to Manufacturing Maintenance Operations.” To register or for more information, please visit: https://dudesolutions.com/3-keys-to-manufacturing-maintenance-operations.
ABOUT DUDE SOLUTIONS
Dude Solutions, parent company of SchoolDude and FacilityDude, is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of operations management solutions to education, healthcare, government, manufacturing and membership-based organizations. The company combines innovative technology with operational insight to transform the places people learn, live, heal, work, and play. Today, more than 8,500 organizations are using Dude Solutions’ award-winning software for facilities, energy, safety, IT and a growing suite of related enterprise applications to increase efficiencies, improve service and save money. For more information, please visit http://www.dudesolutions.com.